There is an increasing percentage of interesting video content that gets uploaded on the internet. YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and many other social media platforms are home to these videos. Meanwhile, a good number of internet users are keepers. If they find an image, audio, or video that they like, they keep it. You too might have reasons to want to download a video you find online. Using an online video downloader is a great way to get those videos you love.
The advantages of free online video downloaders are numerous. For one thing, they cost nothing and are easy to use. Again, they save space since you do not have to download the tool on your device. And many of them are even multi-purpose, allowing you to download in several formats. There are so many of these online tools that might leave you wondering which one to use. This article examines a list of twelve of these free online video downloaders.
List of Free Online Video Downloaders
- Freemake Video Converter
- SEO Video Downloader
- YTD Downloader
Let us now take a look at the features, pros, and cons of each of them.
This is an online video converter that comes in free and paid versions. However, for the paid version, it offers a free trial. Freemake Video Converter is the complete video conversion suite. It even allows you to rip and burn videos. With Freemake, you can also convert blog-embedded videos.
- Freemake lets you edit your CDs. You can either cut, rotate, or join clips.
- Converting movies with their subtitles is possible with Freemake Video Converter.
- It allows conversions to over 500 formats.
- Converting with Freemake is easy.
- It allows conversion from different popular sites including Vevo and Vimeo.
- You can edit the font and size of subtitles you would like to download.
- With Freemake, you can burn CDs from Blu-ray and DVDs.
- It directly saves downloaded files to iOS and iTunes.
So far, users are generally satisfied with this online video converter.
This Video Downloader is another valuable tool out of the many that Small SEO Tools provides. Like other video converters, it allows you to convert and download videos to watch offline.
- It features multi-thread or multi-stream downloads.
- Its free version comes with full benefits.
- Video conversions per day are limitless.
- Conversion and download with Video Downloader are fast and easy to perform.
- It does not require you to install additional software.
- SEO Video Downloader saves you a lot of bandwidth while converting your files.
- It also allows you to save videos in their original format in a matter of seconds.
There are no reports yet, about this online video downloader.
As expected, Video Downloader does not support the download of copyright files. When the conversion is for your personal use, you get to convert the file. The process is, however, not supported when converting copyright files for commercial purposes. With this arrangement, you can avoid legal infringements.
Ontiva is a free online conversion and download tool. The converter allows you to convert videos to formats like MP3, Mp4, and WAV. It is an innovative video downloader with various features. These features include:
- You have access to a limitless number of conversions and downloads with Ontiva.
- Ontiva can convert files without you having to first download them.
- An SSL encryption is put in place to ensure your information remains confidential.
- Its interface makes it easy to navigate.
- It also ensures high quality and fast downloads.
- Their services come at no cost.
- Conversions and downloads are relatively fast.
- Ontiva requires no form of registration from you.
- You do not need additional software to make use of Ontiva.
Ontiva currently has no known cons.
This online downloader allows you to edit, convert, and download videos. And these functions are available in several formats. Evano has both free and paid versions. Some key features of Evano are:
- With Evano, you can manipulate every detail of your audio file to suit your need.
- Evano also functions as a photo editor. However, it is a bit more advanced than regular Photoshop tools.
- Evano has the ability to edit documents. It can optimize and compress the sizes of files. And it does this without having to alter the file’s quality.
- Evano is easy to use.
- It is compatible with any OS or browser.
- The downloader requires no additional software.
- It also strictly adheres to laws regarding copyright.
There are generally no complaints about this online video converter.
Convertio is another free online video downloader, although it has a paid version. It has a simple and easy-to-use interface but is a powerful tool. With it, you can upload your files to applications like Dropbox and Google Drive.
- Convertio uses OCR, which means Optical Character Recognition. With this, Convertio can convert scanned images and documents to other formats.
- Convertio has a user-friendly API. And the APIs allow software customization.
- It converts several files, including documents and images, to over 300 formats.
- Convertio features four payment plans. They are the basic, light, unlimited, and the 24-hour plan. All of these come with their conversion limit. However, as the name implies, the unlimited plan is limitless in conversion.
- Convertio makes use of the drag-and-drop feature.
- For maximum security, Convertio deletes your converted files after 24 hours. Deleting these files, however, does not remove them from where you stored them.
- Converting with this tool is fast and easy.
- The OCR comes in 8 various languages.
- You can utilize Convertio’s API at no cost.
- When there is a genuine error on their part, Convertio issues refunds.
- Conversions take place in the cloud, hence, they do not take up any space.
- Convertio features a presentation converter that assists you in converting presentations. Also, e-books can be converted to 9 formats, and subtitle fonts to 13 formats. So, this free online video downloader is multi-functional.
There are no known complaints about this free online video converter.
This tool is different from all others on the list. It is a free video downloader but it is not an online tool. YTD Video Converter allows you to download videos from online video-sharing platforms. The converter works in devices with Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher or Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, or XP. Although it has its disadvantages, it is of great benefit. Let us take a look at this downloader in detail.
- With YTD Video Converter, you can download videos from YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, etc.
- YTD’s acceleration engine allows it to convert videos faster than the average downloader.
- The tool supports the download of YouTube videos in various formats. Some of these formats are 4K, HD, and 720p.
- YTD Video Converter does not require you to download the video you want to convert. You can simply do an audio stream.
- The playlist ID from YouTube is all you need to convert a playlist. With the playlist ID, YTD can convert all the videos on the playlist.
- There is no need to copy-and-paste a video’s URL on YTD. You can simply utilize the drag-and-drop.
- You are at liberty to pause your download, resume the conversion, or terminate the process.
- Simultaneous conversion is also possible with YTD.
- YTD Video Converter is very easy to use.
- It allows you to review videos for download.
- Also, it supports all known video-audio formats.
- You can easily sync your files to your iTunes library using YTD Video Converter.
- YTD requires additional software to perform.
- It does not support the download of Vevo videos.
BitDownloader is yet another free online tool that supports the conversion of files to several formats. It does not have a paid version.
- BitDownloader allows you to convert or download as many videos as you wish.
- It supports over 800 video sites. These sites include Facebook, Flickr, and Instagram.
- It performs in the same way on any device.
- Conversion and downloads are time-efficient.
- BitDownloader is easy to use.
- It does not allow download copyright content to avoid legal infringements.
- There are restrictions on the download of certain videos.
- It does not support the simultaneous conversion and download of files.
KeepVid has a paid version. Yet, it functions well as a free online video converter. Its features go beyond video-audio conversions and downloads. And this forms the basis of its several pros.
- It converts videos to several formats.
- KeepVid allows you to download and convert videos from popular websites. These include Instagram, Facebook, and Tumblr.
- With KeepVid, you can store your converted and downloaded file on your device.
- KeepVid converts videos in real-time. With speed such as this, you can download your converted files without delay.
- It is an easy-to-use and virus-free software.
- Also, it is a great companion for your iTunes library.
- The KeepVid team takes care to attend to the concerns of users.
- KeepVid is not expensive. Therefore, you do not have to worry about charges.
- KeepVid’s free version contains ads.
- In some cases, KeepVid might not function on your device.
Note again that downloading content that is a product of copyright might incur legal issues. And KeepVid takes this seriously. Therefore, you have to be careful of the contents you convert and download.
This is a handy video download tool. SaveClipBro requires no external applications or software to function. You can download files from your smartphones, iPhones, PlayStation, etc, using SaveClipBro. It converts and downloads videos from other sites like Instagram and Dailymotion.
- SaveClipBro has multiple editing features including resizing, cropping, and rotating files.
- It supports conversion to several audio-video formats.
- You can extract the audio of video files using YouTube to MP3 feature.
- All features of this online video converter are free.
- It is easy to use.
- SaveClipBro does not require any form of application download.
- It functions properly on any device.
- It does not support the download and conversion of files from all websites.
- The conversion process might be slow.
- In some cases, SaveClipBro offers limited video resolutions.
- SaveClipBro’s app permits illegal content downloads.
VidPaw allows you to convert and download from any site of your choice. It is a free online video downloader with several benefits. Below are some of the features that make VidPaw beneficial and others which the VidPaw team needs to improve.
- VidPaw allows you to convert files to various formats.
- It also allows you to edit the file of your choice. Some changes you can make include watermarks, subtitles, and quality enhancement.
- This downloader features editorial tools that enable you to perform screen recording.
- You can rip Blu-ray and DVDs to several formats. And you can also burn videos onto DVDs without stress.
- All you need are two simple steps to complete your conversion and download.
- You can stream converted files that you do not want to download.
- Its URL analysis is fast.
- It does not have a limit to the number of videos you can convert.
- You do not require any registration to use this free online video downloader.
- For YouTube to MP3 conversions, you need to subscribe to their PRO package.
- The performance of this tool is relatively slow.
- On some occasions, it might crash while in use.
Here is an online downloader that works at your convenience. While it is a great online tool, it also has a paid version.
- It allows the conversion of files to several formats.
- And it supports downloads from various sites.
- With ZamZar, you can e-mail converted files directly to other registered users. This email feature is, however, limited to 100mb for free users.
- Besides being free, ZamZar is easy to use.
- It does not require you to install any additional software.
- The download process is fast.
- ZamZar helps organize your files in a personal inbox.
- Conversions using the free version take time.
- Converted files are only available for 24 hours on the free version. If you do not download your file early you would have to restart the conversion process.
- It does not allow multiple file conversions.
- The file size limit for the free version is low.
There are so many types of files that you can download with this tool. These include audio, style sheets, images, and of course, videos or movies. Files2HD has a paid version. You can get this premium version for more features.
- You do not need to download any other software.
- Vevo download format is supported.
- It works on iPhone devices.
- Its simple design makes it easy to use.
- It supports download from any site.
- Files2HD also allows support for flash games.
- The speed of the download easily depends on your internet connection.
- It does not convert or download files of 4K and 8K formats.
- The Files2HD site has several popups and ads.
- You do not get to choose your output format from a wide range of options.
- There are no simple editing functions.
- Once you begin the download process you cannot end it until streaming is complete. If you do so, you will only save the streamed portion.
With the aid of a free online video downloader, you get to download videos that you like for free. This article looked into twelve free online video downloaders. Rather than limit your options, the list lets you make an informed choice of which tool to use. After considering the features of your options, you can rest assured of getting one that you will find useful.