Converting YouTube videos to WAV might be the thing for you if premium audio quality is what you want. You may desire to enjoy your favorite YouTube content in high-quality audio that you can listen to any time. Once that is the case, it would be easy to decide to convert from YouTube to WAV. It may, however, not be that easy to convert the video. True, you could try using any of several ways or tools for the conversion. However, knowing the right way to do the conversion will help you save time and data. Here, we will consider all you need to know about converting YouTube to WAV. Before then, let us take a look at an overview of the WAV format.
What is WAV?
WAV or Waveform audio file format is one of the simplest audio file formats that there are. This format stores audio files to play them in an uncompressed digital form. It uses the RIFF (Resource Interchange File Format) technology to achieve this. RIFF involves storing audio files as sub-chunk and chunk indexes. WAV also uses a lossless compression technique for holding compressed data. With this technique, WAV stores audio with uncompromised quality even when the file is compressed.
WAV files include uncompressed and raw audio data, as well as other information. These cover the file’s bit depth, sample rate, and the number of tracks (stereo or mono). The individual bits of information make up chunks, which all form a continuous audio file. The main chunks of WAV information are the data, format, and RIFF chunks.
This format created by IBM and Microsoft works on Windows PCs. Mac devices use Apple’s version of WAV called AIFF (Audio Interchange File Format). Programs that play WAV files include VLC media player and RealPlayer on both Windows and Mac OS. On Windows only, other programs are Windows media player, Microsoft Windows music, and Winamp media player. On the other hand, other WAV-supported Mac programs include iTunes and QuickTime Player.
How to convert YouTube to WAV
YouTube videos can become so much more in downloaded WAV format. Making that happen only requires a few easy steps. You can convert YouTube videos to WAV in any of two ways. The following highlights these two ways – through a converter application or a converter site.
1. Using a YouTube to WAV converter application
The following are steps to take when using a converter app for your conversion.
- Step 1- Download any free YouTube converter application and install it on your device. An example is the MiniTool uTube Downloader app.
- Step 2- Copy the URL link of the video you want to convert. Now, open the converting app and paste the video’s link.
- Step 3- To proceed with the conversion, click on the download button.
- Step 4- Lastly, select the format of your choice for the file – in this case, WAV. Now you can choose a location to store your converted file.
When choosing to use an application, watch out for one without extra bundled software. High-quality downloads, little to no ads, and great user interface are other features of a good converter app.
2. Using a YouTube to WAV converter site
Besides applications, there are several online sites for converting YouTube to mp3. Here are the steps you need to take to convert using any of these sites.
- Step 1- Select the video you would like to convert.
- Step 2- Copy the video’s link.
- Step 3- Open a YouTube to WAV converting site of your choice.
- Step 4- Paste the URL into the search box of the YouTube to WAV converter site.
- Step 5- Lastly, choose a download format you desire to use. Save your file to the preferred location and enjoy it any time you wish.
The more efficient YouTube converter sites are usually those that are free and fast. They often do not require you to register before usage. Also, they offer an output of high quality and various formats. And if they are not pervaded with ads, that is even better.
YouTube to WAV Conversion Tools
The search for a YouTube to WAV converter that works for you involves looking through numerous options. Bear in mind that most YouTube-to-mp3 converters also convert YouTube to WAV. So if you already use a YouTube to mp3 converter, all you need is to change the download format. Below are six YouTube to WAV converters, in no particular order, and how to use them.
1. MiniTool uTube Downloader
This YouTube to WAV converter is a free application with no intrusive ads. It allows conversion to mp4, mp3, WebM, and of course, WAV formats. Converted outputs are of the highest quality. MiniTool supports 8K and 4K video downloads. Another feature of the converter is that it converts a large number of YouTube videos in a short time. With it, you can thus download YouTube audio playlists. These are the steps to use MiniTool downloader for your YouTube to WAV conversions:
- Install the app on your device.
- Copy the URL of the video you would like to convert.
- Paste the link in the address bar.
- Select the “Download” button.
- Select the output format of your choice, which in this case is WAV.
- Select your file’s storage location and begin the conversion.
MiniTool discussed above prides itself as the best free YouTube to WAV application. You may consider VideoProc as its paid counterpart. VideoProc has three different pricing plans across devices. The basic plan costs $29.95 for One Year License. There is also a $42.95 plan for a Lifetime License that covers one PC. And for two to five PCs, there is a $57.95 pricing for a Family License. However, a free trial is available. The software download is free and it comes with a money-back guarantee that lasts for 30 days. VideoProc lets you edit, convert, and download videos in a variety of formats. It supports batch conversions, so it is suitable if you have a bulk of videos to convert. Its process is clean, safe, and fast. Also, its speed and high-quality output are as a result of its use of level-3 GPU acceleration. Here is how to use VideoProc to convert YouTube to WAV:
- Download and install the VideoProc software on your device. If you do not have the file for uploads, you can simply paste the link in the address bar.
- Tap the +video button. This is to add the YouTube video you would like to convert.
- On the target format selection bar, select WAV as your output format.
- To commence conversion, click the RUN button.
This is a very popular converter with all the right features. It is free and works well as an online video converter. You can convert YouTube videos to WAV or mp3 with YTBTO. There are also other format options, such as MKV, WebM, MP4, and AVI formats. The responsive and mobile-friendly tool can work on virtually all devices. You, however, cannot use the tool on your iOS mobile device. Such support is not yet available for YTBTO. Converting YouTube to WAV on YTBTO involves the following:
- Copy the URL link of the video in question.
- Paste the link on the empty box on display in the YTBTO site.
- Click on the Convert button just beside the box.
- Lastly, click on the download button and wait for the conversion to end.
YouTube2Video is a free online YouTube to WAV converter site. It also converts to MKV and several other audio formats. The converter gives you the leverage to select your desired outcome. For example, you get to select the output format of the audio (and video resolution for video formats). Whether on your Windows or Mac, you can make use of this converter. And if you choose to use your smartphone, there is a YouTube2Video android application to use on the go. Below are the steps to take for YouTube to WAV conversion with YouTube2Video:
- Copy the link of the video and head on to YouTube2Video.
- Paste the link in the available space.
- Click on the Convert button right next to the box.
- From the various conversion options, choose the WAV file format.
- Hit the Download button and the conversion process shall begin. Once the process is complete, YouTube2Video saves your file.
Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube – SaveTheVideo allows you to convert from any of these sites. The free video to audio converter supports WAV and several other audio file formats. It allows you to cut and trim the video as you prefer. There are several language options that this converter supports. They include Arabic, French, German, and Spanish, to mention some. Besides its online site, there is a desktop software version of this tool. You can install this on your Mac or PCs. Here is how to convert YouTube to WAV using SaveTheVideo:
- Copy the URL link of the video you desire to convert.
- Paste in the SaveTheVideo search box the video’s link.
- Under the “Select Format” section, tap the blue bar.
- Scroll down till you find the WAV option and click on it.
- Finally, click on the “Convert” button to start converting the video.
YouTube-WAV is best for converting video to audio in WAV form. However, it does not have support features for advanced video editing. The free tool can also convert videos from other social media platforms. You only need simple steps to get your conversion done with YouTube-WAV. There is no need to register before getting started. And this allows it to work instantly. The tool even sends e-mail notifications about converted files. The following are the steps for using YouTube-WAV:
- Locate your choice video on YouTube and copy its link.
- Open the YouTube-WAV site and paste the link into the provided “Video URL to WAV” box. As an alternative, you can upload and convert files.
- Since the default format is WAV, you do not have to select a download format.
- Click on “Download”. After taking a few seconds to convert, you can download and save your WAV file.
Advantages of Converting YouTube to WAV
WAV has several advantageous features. Many of these put it over mp3 format. You may choose to convert your choice YouTube video to WAV for these advantages. Some of them are below:
- WAV files are easy to convert to other formats. Among these formats are AAC, MP3, and AIFF.
- With the WAV format, files can sound just like the original audio source. It does this with a lossless technique that does not compromise quality. And this ensures that you get desirable results.
- WAV files also provide a storage archive with abundant space. This is ideal for storing the original copies of the WAV files.
- It allows free movement of audio files between computer platforms by developers. Due to this, it can serve as a possible exchange medium for such platforms. An example is Macintosh.
- WAV files can also store audio samples that are not compressed. It stores them in the form of PCM (Pulse-Code Modulation) data.
Disadvantages of Converting YouTube to WAV
While the WAV file format has its perks, there are a few disadvantages to it. You should weigh these disadvantages while contemplating to convert YouTube to WAV. The following are some of them:
- For compressed audio files, you may not get the optimum sound quality of the original file with WAV conversion.
- Since WAV mainly stores uncompressed files, you can expect it to consume a large space of your device’s memory.
- The large size of WAV files makes them unsuitable for subsequent online uploads.
- Not all YouTube to WAV converters are efficient, so finding one to get the job done might present some challenges. With some converters, you may expend a lot of time waiting or data for downloading. Yet, in the end, you may not get the desired outcome.
- Just as with other YouTube video conversions, you stand a risk of a legal breach. It is easy to infringe on the copyright of the video’s owner. This could not only result in legal action by the copyright holder but also action from Google. To avoid this, be wary of the videos that you choose to convert. Only convert public or non-copyrighted videos. If you have to convert a private or copyrighted video, then you must first seek permission. Such permission should be unequivocal and preferably in writing.
The advantages of YouTube videos in WAV format can be yours to enjoy. All you have to do is to find an efficient converter. This will put you on track to making the most of whichever converter you use. Whether with an app or in a site, YouTube to WAV conversion is easy. Bear in mind, however, that conversion to WAV can hardly remedy low audio quality from videos with poor sound. Thus, the best videos to convert are those with at least 480p resolution. Overall, this all-around article considered YouTube to WAV conversion. Following its guidelines and keeping its points in mind lets you enjoy your favorite YouTube videos in WAV.